Behaviour Change Made Simple and Fun
NDIS approved Occupational Therapists in Brisbane and Gold Coast
Occupational Therapy is an allied health profession that focuses on teaching skills for everyday living.
At FABIC, we offer Occupational Therapy services to support children and adults of all ages who are facing challenges carrying out activities of daily living. Barriers to participation in these areas of life may be due to physical or cognitive challenges, developmental delay, ageing, injuries or surgery as well as social and emotional issues.
FABIC Occupational Therapy sessions are fun and engaging; they support both children and adults of all ages to function more independently each day and develop a living quality that allows them to enjoy life and live their full potential.
Barriers may present as difficulties with:
Achieving developmental milestones
Responding to sounds, sights, touch, movement, tastes and smells
Fine motor skills involved in drawing, writing, manipulating lace,
buttons, zips, etc.
Engagement and learning in the classroom
Transitioning between activities and settings
Dealing with emotions and behaviours
Gross motor skills needed to perform walking, running, playground and sporting activities
Standing, walking, running, sitting and/or hand-eye coordination
Self-care activities such as dressing, grooming, showering, meal preparation, feeding, toileting, sleep
Accessing and participating in the community
Leisure and recreation
Engaging in work, study or productivity roles
Independence with daily living skills such as cooking, self-care and budgeting
And much more …
Occupational Therapy services offered at Fabic:
- Individual, family and/or group therapy
- Parent, family and/or carer support
- Occupational Therapy for Children
- Occupational Therapy for Adults
- Support with mental health issues
- Occupational Therapy for Autism
- Screening and Occupational Therapy assessments:
- Environmental adaptations and modification
- Equipment prescription
- Educational workshops and seminars
Occupational Therapy for Autism
FABIC is renowned for its work in the area of Autism and its Occupational Therapy for Autism services provide an in-depth support for children and adults with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder as well as people who require supporting evidence of a diagnosis for an Autism assessment.
NDIS Occupational Therapy
NDIS Approved Occupational Therapists Brisbane and Gold Coast
Our Occupational Therapists are NDIS approved to support people who receive NDIS funding. To learn more about the NDIS, its aims, who it is for, and frequently asked questions see our NDIS support page.
Did you know?
All Occupational Therapy services can be offered:
- Face to face
- Via telehealth
On-site consultation options
FABIC’s Occupational Therapists can support wherever the activities are occurring that are presenting as a challenge – at home, in schools, workplaces or the community.
- Observing the person in their home, school, workplace or any environment or setting where challenging activities occur, allows us to gain an understanding what specific activities require support and how best to support .
- Implementing changes
- Fabic’s Occupational Therapists can demonstrate skills and support your family and your colleagues to feel more equipped in supporting you in your environment.
- Staff training for individual clients or staff (in schools, residential facilities, workplaces, employment services, etc.)
Fabic Occupational Therapists
Meet the people behind the profession. Learn more about our Practitioners and book an appointment using the links below or contact us via the contact page if you would like more information or support with booking.
Annie teaches people of all ages skills for daily living, be it handwriting and fine motor skills, social skills or understanding emotions and behaviours of themselves and others.
Annie supports individuals, their caregivers and support team to build independence in the home, school/workplace and community environments.