Supporting understanding and Lasting Behaviour Change
At FABIC we offer psychology consultations for individuals of all ages, who are experiencing a broad range of life challenges. Our psychology services are based on the latest research evidence for a range of psychological interventions in the treatment of behavioural concerns and mental health dysfunction and disorders. We work with all clients, from low-intensity unwanted behaviours right through to extreme high-intensity behaviours.
Our psychologists offer specialised clinical services for clients wanting to understand and change non-preferred or unwanted behaviour. We integrate, where appropriate the principles of the Body Life Skills program based on Functional Behaviour Assessment as developed by Tanya Curtis, FABIC Director and Senior Behaviour Specialist. Through this integrated approach, clients are supported to build strategies for changing behaviour and thus bring more joy to their everyday life.
Our clinical services provide support for:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder, Levels 1-3
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Any mental health condition including bipolar, borderline personality disorder and schizophrenia
- Intellectual disability
- Learning disorders
- Eating disorders
- Parenting issues
- Relationship challenges
- Communication issues in homes, workplaces, schools and between individuals
- Anxiety, sadness, grief, frustration, anger and depression
- Social skills development
- Emotional challenges
- Understanding behaviours used by other people
- People wanting to experience a deeper quality of life and improved psychological well-being
- And much more …
Did you know?
All Psychology services can be offered:
- In the clinic face-to-face
- Via telehealth
FABIC psychologists can come to you to provide services at your home, workplace or in the community. While currently we have psychologists operating in the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Flagstone, Beaudesert and Tweed Shire, there is capacity to come to you in person in another Australia-based location. Simply get in touch and we can discuss what is possible.
Our on-site services include:
- Observing the person in their home, workplace, at school or in any environment or setting where specific psychological and behavioural support is required. This allows us to gain an understanding as to why the behavioural and or mental health concern is occurring specifically in this setting. This understanding is crucial when developing effective behaviour change programs that can support the client with lasting outcomes.
- Implementing evidence-based psychological behaviour change strategies
- Successfully implementing a behaviour change program in the relevant location/s where everybody needs to be taught new skills. When these are demonstrated by a FABIC psychologist ¬– in the home, at school or work or in any other environment – you, your family and your colleagues will feel more equipped in supporting lasting behaviour change.
- Staff training for individual clients or staff (in schools, residential facilities, workplaces, employment services. etc.)
- A detailed written report with recommendations of strategies to implement in the relevant setting aimed at assisting behaviour change of an individual client.
- FABIC psychologists reviewing the report with all relevant persons working or living with the client aimed at supporting lasting behaviour change.
NDIS registered providers
FABIC is an NDIS registered provider of Psychology Services for clients already pre-approved through their individual NDIS plan. Allocated categories include Improved Daily Living, Early Intervention, Improved Relationships and Capacity Building. If you have any enquiries about your NDIS package or your eligibility for NDIS approved funding, please call the NDIS directly on 1800 800 110 or consult the relevant website at ndis.gov.au
Frequently Asked Questions
Medicare rebates are available to access psychology services at FABIC. To be eligible to receive the Medicare rebate you need a Chronic Disease Management Plan or a Mental Health Treatment Plan (formerly known as a Mental Health Care Plan) referral for psychology from your GP.
Provisional psychologists are not able to offer Medicare rebates.
FABIC psychologists can test for ADHD and ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). We provide a report and recommendations to either a Pediatrician or Psychiatrist who will then determine a formal diagnosis (if applicable). Find out more about testing for ADHD and ASD.
Yes – we accept Workcover insurance clients.
Yes, our Gold Coast psychologists are now available to take appointments from our Carrara clinic. Home visits, onsite visits or visits to your work place from our Gold Coast Psychologists are also available (travel fees apply). If an online consultation is preferred, our psychologists also offer telehealth appointments.
Yes, we have Brisbane psychologists now available to take appointments from our Fairfield clinic. Home visits, onsite visits or visits to your work place from our Psychologists are also available in the Greater Brisbane area (travel fees may apply). All our psychologists also offer telehealth appointments.
We have appointments available with Gold Coast psychologists, Brisbane psychologists, psychologists at Flagstone, psychologists that visit Beaudesert and Tweed Coast Shire psychologists. If you would like us to come to you in person in another Australia-based location, get in touch and we can discuss what is possible. Online sessions via Zoom are also available worldwide.
‘Autism Psychologist’ is a term that people often use when searching for a psychologist to support them, but it isn’t an official term that psychologists use in the profession. Having said that, do our psychologists work with people with Autism? Absolutely. Our psychologists work with many people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and use evidence-based psychological practices and FABIC’s vast behaviour change resources to support people with Autism Australia-wide and internationally.
People often use the term NDIS Psychologist when searching for an NDIS registered provider of Psychology Services. Is Fabic a registered provider of Psychology Services? Yes absolutely. We can provide psychology services for clients already pre-approved through their individual NDIS plan. If you have any enquiries about your NDIS package or your eligibility for NDIS approved funding, please call the NDIS directly on 1800 800 110 or consult the relevant website at ndis.gov.au
Meet the people behind the profession. Learn more about our Practitioners and book an appointment using the links below or contact us via the contact page if you would like more information or support with booking.
Sarah Broome is a Psychologist who brings a deep love of people and a commitment to supporting others to grow awareness and well-being in their lives. Sarah practises from a strengths-based framework which supports you to confirm and appreciate your existing qualities; from there you can understand and let go of hurts and beliefs that no longer serve you.
Provisional Psychologist & Behaviour Counsellor
Emily is a registered provisional psychologist offering a behaviour focused approach and counselling.
Emily brings focus to supporting all to increase their skills to respond to life, increase independence and capacity, increase quality of life and supports ALL to step closer to living and reaching their full potential every single day.
Joss is a registered provisional psychologist who takes a client centred approach to behavioural change.
Joss applies the Fabic Functional Behavioural Assessment Model, as well as Psychometric Assessments to ensure that clients have the opportunity and support to build consistency in how they respond to life’s events.
The Body Life Skills program correlates with Joss’ own lived experiences, that everyone and anyone is capable of making behavioural shifts in their life, and often just require the skills and commitment to do so.