Meet Tanya Curtis
Founder and Managing Director
Behaviour Specialist, Presenter, Author, Course Facilitator, Products Developer
Tanya Curtis comes with a wealth of clinical experience, academic qualifications and innate wisdom in the fields of Behaviour Change, Mental Health, Disability and Education.
Tanya is a Behaviour Specialist, Counsellor, Author, Clinical Supervisor & Founding Director of Fabic’s Behaviour Specialist centre. Tanya has also pioneered a wide range of products via Fabic Publishing with books for adults and children, posters, DVD’s, calendars, communication cards, bookmarks and more. Not to mention the wide range of online learnings Tanya offers via Fabic.TV and Fabic.Study all designed to support lasting behaviour change.
Tanya’s professional qualifications include:
- Master of Behaviour Management
- Master of Counselling
- Bachelor of Health Science (Behaviour Management)
- Associate Diploma of Education
Tanya has obtained her Masters of Behaviour Management, a Masters of Counselling, a Bachelor of Health Science (Behaviour Management) and an Associate Diploma of Education.
Having founded Fabic, a national Behaviour Specialist Multidisciplinary centre in 2006, Tanya is highly renowned for supporting individuals, families, schools, businesses and organisations related to behaviour to bring understanding and lasting behaviour change to the lives of themselves and others; often supporting to bring lasting behaviour change in cases where people have all but given up.
Tanya naturally expresses by teaching people to bring about lasting behaviour change in their own lives and knows that connecting with people for who they are is essential while supporting them to make their desired behavioural changes.
Tanya presents behaviour specialist workshops locally, nationally and internationally; is the developer and author of the Body Life Skills program, has developed online behaviour support programs, products developer of behaviour change resources, Fabic App developer and is the Senior Behaviour Specialist and Managing Director at Fabic.
Tanya is a monthly contributor to “Haven for Families” magazine answering questions on behavioural topics relevant to the local community and presents free monthly talks to the Gold Coast community as part of the Gold Coast City Council’s Active and Healthy program.
- 6th Asia Pacific Rim Confederation of Counsellors Conference: Control vs Self Mastery – a key to lasting change for a person with a mental illness, September 2019 – Abstract
- 6th Asia Pacific Rim Confederation of Counsellors Conference: Anxiety and how it affects our behaviours and mental health, September 2019 – Abstract
- 6th Asia Pacific Rim Confederation of Counsellors Conference:
Addictions – lasting change is not only about changing the behaviour, September 2019 – Abstract
- No Aspect Conference, Brisbane, August 2018 – Abstract
- 18th International Mental Health Conference, Gold Coast, August 2017 – Abstract
- No More Harm – National Bullying, Harassing and Discrimination Conference, Brisbane, June 2017 – Abstract
- Australia & New Zealand Addiction Conference, Gold Coast, May 2017
- World Federation for Mental Health International Conference, Cairns, September 2016 – Abstract
- 17th International Mental Health Conference, Gold Coast, August 2016 – Abstract
- Rural and Remote Mental Health Symposium, Kingscliffe, June 2016 – Abstract
- ANZ Urology Conference, Noosa, September 2016 – Abstract
- Australian Counselling Association – Towards the Future, Melbourne, July 2015 – Abstract
- Australia & New Zealand Eating Disorder Conference, Gold Coast, May 2015 – Abstract
- AusDoCC (Australian Disorders of the Corpus Collosum), March 2015 – Abstract
- Psychological Well-being Conference There Is Another Way, December 2013 – Abstract
- ACA 2013 National Conference: The Shorts, T-Shirts, and Thongs of Mental Health, Gold Coast, September 2013
- Australian Counselling Associations National Conference – We Are All the Same In that We Are All Different! The Importance of Meeting the Client for Who They Are Without Comparison or Judgment September 2013 – Abstract
- Gold Coast City Council Active & Healthy Programme – 2018 – 2019 (10 presentations) – Flyer
- Gold Coast City Council Active & Healthy Programme – 2017 – 2018 (8 presentations) – Flyer
- Gold Coast City Council Active & Healthy Programme – 2016 – 2017 (10 presentations) – Flyer
- Gold Coast City Council Active & Healthy Programme – 2015 – 2016 (13 presentations) – Flyer
- Commonwealth Respite & Carelink Centre – Caring for Self while Caring for Others – April 2013
- Savvy Mummas Connection Talk – Q1 Gold Coast 2012
- Mums Chatterbox – Gold Coast 2012
- NSW forum for disabilities – Coffs Harbour 2011
- Bullying Forum – Gold Coast 2011
- Autism Gold Coast – 2008, 2009, 2011 & 2012
Tanya is available for speaking engagements on behaviour specialist and related topics.
Tanya has a strong commitment to her clients, values equalness in all and values each person for their own unique amazingness. She understands that her own quality of livingness is paramount to offer continued and expanding support for her clients and thus has a strong commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
For further information and to keep up to date with the broad range of businesses, projects and community initiatives that Tanya is involved in, visit her personal website at www.tanyacurtis.com.au